We are excited to announce a return to The Wednesday Night Races at Hardwood in 2021!
The safety of riders, families, volunteers and staff is our primary concern. We have structured the weekly races, with direction from the Ontario Cycling Association, to ensure fun and safe racing for all. Individual start times allow racing opportunity to riders while following all physical distancing and other health measures to minimize the risk of COVID-19.
Changes to the format are necessary to ensure we offer a fun and safe event.
- Series June 15 to Sept 1 (Tue Nights for Team Hardwood Next Wave, Wed Nights for public)
- Limit of 100 racers each night as per OCA guidelines.
- Series Entry only, no single race sign up permitted.
- Racers Start Individually between 6:30 and 7:00 pm.
- Course choices: Fun, Cranked, Serious, Gnarly, Radical.
- Minimum age 8 years as of Sept 1, 2021.
Key COVID Safety:
- Screening – Canatrace screening each day prior to arrival.
- Distancing – Individual starts, distanced staging of riders, no gathering.
- Masks – Masks worn by everyone within 50 m of chalet/start/finish.
- No Touch Process – Online registration and season registration only.
Under present Provincial Colour Zone format OCA sanctioned racing is permitted at Hardwood. This is a weekly regional race, and we do not encourage riders to travel significant distances to attend races.