WHEN: Saturday March. 7, 2020
WHERE: Hardwood Ski and Bike, 402 W Old Barrie Rd, Oro Station, Ontario
WHAT: The Annual Fischer Loppet at Hardwood Ski and Bike features a 15km or 30km skate and classic discipline race, along with a 5km Social Ski / Youth Loppet and a 2.5km kids’ race. A fun event for beginners and experienced skiers alike, this family friendly day concludes with a hot pasta lunch, smores over an open fire, amazing draw prizes, awards and more. All the above included with the price of registration.
- Register here.
- Early Bird pricing ends February 15th at 11:59pm.
- Online Registration closes at 11:59 pm, Thursday March. 5, 2020.
- Registration will be accepted in person at Hardwood after the March. 5th deadline until 8:30am on March 7. Late entries are subject to a $15 penalty fee. We cannot guarantee that entries received after March 5th will receive lunch.
- Bibs must be picked up by 9:30am on race day.
|Category||Early Bird Price (Until Feb.15th)||Standard Price (Until March 5th)||Late Entry Price (After March 5th)|
|15km Skate or Classic||$42.00||$50.00||$65.00|
|30km Skate or Classic||$45.00||$55.00||$70.00|
|5km Social Ski / Kids Loppet||$30.00||$40.00||$55.00|
|2.7km Kids Race||$20.00||$25.00||$40.00|
****Parents skiing with children require a valid trail pass****
- There are 2 Start Lines. Kids Race and Social Ski / Youth Loppet start at the regular trail start line. 15 / 30km races start in the training flats and head out Racer Out.
- 2.7km Kids Course goes to “The Posts” and back. Slightly uphill on the way out, downhill on the way back. Groomed for Classic and Skate. Kids Course Map
- 5km Social Ski / Youth Loppet follows the “Torino” trail, with optional stop at the lookout for Social Skiers looking for a quick treat. Groomed for Classic and Skate. Social Ski / Youth Loppet Map
- 15km Course combines some of our best trails without most of the bigger hills. Groomed for classic and skate. There will be a mix of single and double track set along the course. 15km Loppet Map
- 30km Course – 2 laps of the 15km Course.
- Course Markings – 15km Loppet Course will be marked with unique pink trail signs. Course will be marked for pre-skiing 2 weeks prior to the race. Social Ski / Youth Loppet will follow the Torino signs, with pin flags where necessary. Kids race will have marshals assisting the racers to navigate the course.
- There will be 2 feed stations per lap of the 15km Loppet Course, and an optional treat stop at the Lookout for the Social Ski.
- Boots Fitness will be on site providing complementary fascial tissue stretch and Massage in the Odell Building.
AWARDS & PRIZES:
- There will be awards for the top 3 finishers in each category, presented at the Podium during the Awards Ceremony (Approximately 1pm).
- There will be lots of awesome Draw Prizes from Fischer/Swix. Draws will be done at the Awards Ceremony. You must be there to win.
- Registration/Bib Pick up will be in “The Odell” building. Bib pick up starts at 8am. Bibs must be picked up by the appropriate category deadline listed in the table below.
- Races are Mass Start.
- We are still open to the public. Please be courteous to day skiers. This is a FUN event. No Olympic Medals handed out here.
- Pasta Lunch (Included with Registration) will be served from 11am to 1:30pm.
- Race bibs must be returned at the finish line. There will be Bib collectors assisting with this. There will be a $75 charge for any unreturned bibs.
- There is a 90-minute cut-off for 30km racers to complete their first lap.
|Registration / Bib Pick Up Opens||8:00am|
|Registration / Bib Pick Up for 15/30km Classic Closes||9:00am|
|15km Classic Start||9:20am|
|30km Classic Start||9:25am|
|Registration / Bib Pick Up for Youth Loppet, Social Ski, Kids Race Closes||9:30am|
|Registration / Bib Pick Up for 15/30km Skate Closes||9:45am|
|5.0km Youth Loppet Start||10:00am|
|5.0km Social Ski Start||10:02am|
|2.7km Kids Race Start||10:05am|
|30km Skate Start||10:20am|
|15km Skate Start||10:23am|
|Awards Ceremony / Draw Prizes||1:00pm|
- Main Parking is in the upper parking lot. Lower lot parking is reserved for members (enforced on weekends)
- The beautiful new Chalet is open, with Washrooms, Bag Storage, Food Service, Retail Store, Rentals, Service and more.
- First Aid is provided by Hardwood Snow Patrol. First Aid is based in the Rabbit Hutch.
- Waxing benches are located in the Swix Waxing Trailer, just adjacent to the Odell Building and Main Chalet.
- Facility Site Map
WEATHER / ACTS OF GOD:
- The course is subject to change without notice, due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Cancellation due to weather or Acts of God will be announced as soon as possible. There is no Rain Date. Refunds will be issued, less zone 4 fees and a $5 administration fee.